Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer is going by way to fast....

The Moffitt's have been on one adventure after another lately. We went to Arkansas from May 31- June 10th, floated the Comel on Father's Day weekend, camped at Mission Tejas, and visited family in Waco.
All in between, I have attended at least 1 teacher in-service training each week. This week is CAMT at George R Brown Convention Center for 3 days. It's a crazy math thing... you wait outside the door of the training for at least an hour in order to get your spot for a class. Then you must leave at least 30 minutes before it's over so you can wait in line for the next class. Lots of chaos!! WOW! My first class is at 8am and I must be there by 7 and in line in order to attend.... I know... crazy nutz! Jer just freaked that I said I have to be up by 5:30 and out the door by 6:15 to get there to line up.

Eli is doing absolutely wonderful! He is growing and changing every day. He is becoming quite the toot and quite a sweetie all in one! At his 9 month check up last week, he weighed 18 lbs, 9.5oz. He is 27 3/4 inches long. He checked out great and doc said to add table food (chopped up small of course) to his meals. I panicked about the gagging and choking... but doc said he will do it at 9 months or at 12... choose when. So here we are... trying "mommy food". Eli has tasted bits off of my plate and seems to only want what is on my plate now... forget the jar mushy food!!

CRAWLING TIME!!! We went to Waco this past weekend (July 10th) to visit Jer's family. On Friday night, Jeramy's uncle asked if Eli was crawling or walking yet... I said "no-- he wants to walk but doesn't get how to and is too inpatient for crawling..." then all of a sudden... wahlah! Eli crawls across the floor! I guess it was a "I'll show you, Mom" moment... well, Eli amazes me once again.... oh how I love that little man!
pics to come later... it's 10:53pm and I have to get up early.... will get them posted tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

OVERACHIEVER!!!! Sounds like you are in a competition with dodo bird. LOL.

Did you make it to the classes on time????? Now reading that you were up at 5:30 during the summer, I know you can do it during the year. That would put you NEVER late to work, HA!!! SHOCK!!!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

I was at GRB Convention Center by 7:20 on Thurs and Fri. On Wednesday was stuck in traffic so missed getting in line for 8am class. I havent had to get Eli up and out the door this week... Grams was here. But I will be trying my best to get to school on time this year... I always do try but it never works!-- dodo bird didnt go to CAMT-- should have though