Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to Work....

I went back to work on Monday..... it was SOOOOOOOOOO hard! Eli is home with Grams this week so I can get used to getting up early and getting into a routine. I was okay at first... had a couple of moments of "lets just call in a substitute" but made it to the school. Once I walked in, a coworker asked how I was doing and I lost it! I cried all the way from the back of the building to the front office. When I left there and headed to my classroom, those tears kept rolling. Going back to work was so hard-- but got easier to handle through the day. I called Eli and Grams at every break I got. I even received an email from Eli telling me that he loved me and missed me (thanks, Grams-- I needed that). My students also received an email from Eli.... here is what it said:

"hey kids… this is baby eli….just wanted to say hi …and…to make sure that you guys are taking good care of my mommie…she really needs your help right now cause she really misses me….i miss her too but you see i sleep a lot and then while i sleep i dream that i am sleepin in her arms….so its not so bad….right now i am hangin in my swing checkin out my jungle animals….grams has the funny jungle music going….cept this won’t last long cause those animals get boring pretty quick….i just got through with my exercises while ago….that is where you lay on the floor on a blanket and kick your legs and arms and watch the ceiling fan go around and around….next grams and i are going to play talkin….that is where i say “hey” and she says “hey” and i say “hey” and she says “hey”and i say “hey” and she says “hey” and so on and so on and so on…well i got to go….gettin hungry again…..i’ll write ya again and tell you more bout my citing life…don’t forget…take xter special care of my mommie…i love her soooooooo much… i hope to get to see ya some day …as soon as I get my baby munities up for all you guy’s big boy/big gal germs…take it easy lob and kisses….baby eli

I laughed and cried as I read this. I had it on the projector screen for us all to read at once. At the end of the day, I rushed home to hold him and once I saw his smiling face I melted. He seemed very happy to see his Mommy... she was happy to see him too....that's for sure!

oh yeah--I finally took Eli to meet his daycare lady. She goes by Nana-- so he will have a Grams, Nanna, and a Nana to care for him when Mommy needs help. Here is a picture of the two of them on Sunday. He will be starting daycare with Loree on Monday, December 8th. Yes-- I waited until last minute for them to meet.... I just couldnt face it that I had to go back to work again. But Loree and Eli bonded on Sunday and I know he will be just fine and only a mile and a half from me at school


No comments: