Monday, December 14, 2009

Growing up so fast....


Eli has been calling me "Momma" for several months now. This past week, he decided that he was a big boy, and now calls me "Mom." I keep correcting him..... but it doesn't always work!
He also pulls up my shirt and rubs my belly...last night even said "baby" while doing so. It was the sweetest moment! My little baby is becoming my little man..... all too soon!

Eli follows me around the house yelling "Mom!" and "helps" with chores like laundry.... as I separate the colors and the whites into piles, he moves them as well. On Saturday, he helped me carry a load of laundry to the laundry room. Well... he carried it to Daddy's office and I had to get them. Hey, he made it from our bedroom to the front of the house... I was impressed! Close enough!

This weekend, we got Eli his very own Christmas tree. It is set up in the living room. He is allowed to pull on it, play with the plastic ornaments, and hang out by it all that he wants. So far it has worked as far as keeping him away from Momma's tree that is in our entryway. I keep telling Daddy that Aiden will need his own tree as well next year. Daddy is not too keen on that idea!

This is our last week of school for the fall semester, so Eli and Momma will be home next week preparing for Christmas. I am really looking forward to watching him explore the world and grow as a little tot. He definitely gives me challenges with patience at times, but all well worth it!
This week, Eli will be delivering a Christmas gift to Sarah, his girlfriend from daycare. He is super in love! Honestly.... I am too! She is so precious and sweet!

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

Can't wait to see!

Tales from the Trails said...

Still waiting on pics of Eli and his tree....Christmas eve, Christmas, all of his presents, Mommy and Eli time, how Baby A is growing.....Hello....Anyone Home??!!! HA HA!!

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

So sorry guys.... will play "catch up" soon!!