Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to Daycare

The boys started daycare this past Monday (Aug 2). It was rough for both Mommy and Eli. Of course, Aiden was fine! I was super upset because it meant that my lazy days with the boys were over for a while and that I was going to miss the milestones and daily fun with them.
Monday was the roughest day ever. When I dropped off the boys, we went to take Aiden to his classroom first. Eli was already attached to my leg. I could see the fear in his eyes and his heart melting already. Aiden was all smiles and was just as happy as could be. Seeing that, made me feel a little better. THEN I took Eli to the 2 year old room, where he would be. The teachers were great at introducing him to the others but he was not having it. I went in with him for a bit and then had to peel him off of me. Long story short... he cried all day... yep....ALL DAY!
They didn't call me because they knew it was an adjustment for him. They waited until the next day to tell me how bad it really was. He refused to nap, kept looking around for me, and cried for mommy all day long. When I went to pick him up, he ran straight out of the room! He was hightailing it to his house and not coming back!
When we arrived home, I went to put Aiden in the swing so I could get a snack for Eli. Then I felt something on my rear....Eli biting it! Eli bit me 3 times, threw things against the wall, banged the walls, and screamed at the top of his lungs. It was a huge release of his frustrations and fears of the day the moment we stepped in the house and lasting 30 minutes.
My heart went out to Eli this week. Going back to daycare for the first time since March... and it being a new daycare, really shocked the little guy. It was a rough week but everyday got better. Every day they have an activity or it's a special day at the daycare. On Tuesday they had "water day" so running around in a sprinkler helped him have some fun and relax. On Wednesday, he had to wear orange (sorry Jer.. he wore a UT shirt), Thursday was art day, and Friday the tots made ice cream sundaes!
Aiden did super well this week. He impressed the daycare ladies with his tummy time skills and his rolling over. They also commented on his huge smile. He has already won their hearts!
I am hoping this week will be better. I pray that Eli finds pace in me leaving him there. The ladies seem to really love having him there, and he looks like he is having fun when I come to pick him up. It's the "leaving" part that is really rough on him... and me!
What a way to start the year... stressing already!

No comments: