Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Time to the Beach!

After running around Moody Gardens, we stopped for lunch at Tortuga's on the Seawall. Thank goodness we were outside, because the tots were wild and loud!
After lunch, we headed across the way to let Eli and Maddie sink their toes in the sand for the first time. Eli was not too pleased with this idea. He cannot stand things between his toes or his feet to be dirty. He also was wearing his new alligator crocs and he didn't want his shoes dirty!

Maddie took to the beach and sand easily.

Notice who is throwing a fit in the background??

Penny tried coaxing Eli to the water... it didn't work.

A precious moment of Penny and Maddie jumping the waves together...

and while I captured the sweet moment of them, I had Eli screaming behind me that he wanted to go back to the car!

This was the first time I have been to Galveston since Hurricane Ike in 2008. All of the Seawall shops that I ventured into and bought many trinkets as a kid, are all gone. It was sad to see that my favorite "mermaid" store was gone. My grandparents lived in Galveston for a few years and I spent many summers with them enjoying the beach.

Eli was really needing a nap at this point. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon and he had ran like crazy all day. I was hoping to capture a perfect "first trip to the beach" picture, but that didn't happen!





Throwing his fit that he wanted to go back to the car....about 10 minutes later, he was konked out in the carseat for the entire drive home.

the not-so-perfect group picture!




No comments: