Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Birthday

Eli had a BIG Dr. Seuss party complete with Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast!
On Saturday, we had about 25 kids that were 6 years of age and under, about 7 Elementary/Jr High kids, and about 45-50 adults join us for the celebration! WOW!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME! (and to those of you who cooked for us)
Our baby boy (I guess he is no longer a baby, huh?) is one spoiled and loved little man. He had a great time all day and even tried to walk later in the afternoon-- about 5 steps to Mommy!
Way to go, Eli!
Pictures will be posted soon... I promise! It took us a bit to recover from all of the festivities and now back to work.
Today is Eli's actual Birthday - Day! He is officially one now!
We are taking him to dinner at Hooters Restaurant with friends tonight. I know... what a "hoot"!
I will get some pics of him with all the ladies and get that posted too.
'til then.... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE HIS FIRST BIRTHDAY A DAY TO REMEMBER!
Birthdays are very important to me... they celebrate that person's life and how much they mean to you and all those around. Eli has truly made a difference in my life. I never thought I could love someone who is so tiny... so much! Every night when I lay him in his bed to go to sleep, I start missing him already. I am always anxious to get myself dressed in the morning so I can run up and get him and smooch him. He has started the "crying fuss" when I drop him off at daycare. I think he knows how special he is to me and how much I love spending time with him. As all mothers/sons.... there is a special bond. I am his first love... and I love him even more for that....
Happy 1st Birthday, Eli James Moffitt! We all love you so very much. Have a great day!

1 comment:

HS2College said...

I am so very blessed to call you my best friend and even more blessed to live and learn this amazing adventures with our boys! We love you both!