Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where did January go??

It seems that time is flying so fast! The month of January was pretty uneventful overall, yet very eventful that it flew by so fast. We must have been super busy because I can't really say much about the month except these updates.....

Eli was sick quite a bit this January. We went back to school on January 4th and Eli to daycare. That week was his "trial" week in the one year old room. He did well. However, by the weekend, he was sick. Friday night, Eli spent a couple hours with Grams while Jer and I went to dinner as a couple... it was fun yet we both missed our little man! Then we were all in bed by 9pm... we had a rough week back to school/daycare going full speed. Around 9:45pm, Eli woke up crying and when I picked him up from his bed, he threw up all over us! Needless to say, that was the beginning of his sickly month. Grams came to stay with him that week because he threw up and ran fever all weekend...by Tuesday, he went to the doctor and was diagnosed with double ear infection and touch of pneumonia. After a week off, he went back to daycare and joined the one year old room. He has done really well adjusting except he is missing his naps. They only have one big nap and he wants/needs 2 big ones. It is a work in progress. Eli's first weeks in the one year old room had some events... bee sting while outside, pink eye, and then again last week he had double ear infection again!! Poor baby! He is scheduled to see an ENT at the end of February to see about tubes in his ears.

Jeramy had a pretty busy month with work. It seems that he is the number one estimator in the office... they pile on more and more and he seems to do a great job at it. There have been some projects that had his name requested to do the estimating. He has really showed to be a wonderful Daddy and my heart melts every time I see he and Eli together.

Baby Aiden is growing fast. I have gone from barely wearing maternity clothes in December to full-fledged maternity gear. At 29 weeks and 5 days (Jan 28), I have gained a total of 4 pounds during the pregnancy and no signs of trouble with blood pressure. Both Aiden and I measure about 5 days ahead of schedule. On the 28th, I had an ultrasound to see if all is going well since the low weight gain, and all was wonderful. Aiden weighs approximately 3 lbs, 11 to 15 oz... YIKES! I am a little panicked because Eli weighed 6 lbs, 12oz at 37 weeks/birth. Baby Aiden is already sneaking up there and we are barely 30 weeks! I am now going to the doctor/OB every 2 weeks and at 36 weeks, I will go weekly.

School has kept Momma (me) busy. I am trying to prepare for maternity leave, TAKS testing for the kids, and Aiden's arrival, as well as trying to get and keep little Eli well. I can't believe how fast this school year has gone by. It all has gone too fast!

1 comment:

Tales from the Trails said...

Sending you some sunshine.
Check out my blog.

http://thewilliamsons06.blogspot.com/2010/02/pocket-full-of-sunshine.html