Wednesday, March 10, 2010

35 weeks and counting.....

I went for my 35 week (35 weeks and 3 days) check up Tuesday, March 9th. All is going well with Baby Aiden. My belly measured right on track and I had gained one pound since our last appointment at 33 weeks. His heartbeat was 139 beats per minute. Dr. Hampton checked to see if I was dilated and sure enough, I AM!! I am dilated at 2 cm and effaced 30%. Of course my next question to the doc was "will he come soon?" but she was quick to say it before I asked. I can stay at 2cm for another 4 weeks or it could be that he decides next week to come....it all depends on what my body and the baby decide!
I have a feeling that he will be here sooner rather than later. Of course, I could be wrong! But the belly has completely gone with gravity and dropped. I feel more and more uncomfortable everyday and noticed that Aiden, who is normally kicking me non-stop, has slowed down quite a bit. Dr. Hampton said she is perfectly fine with Aiden arriving anytime after this Saturday and confident that he will be fine and healthy.
However, Eli will be getting tubes in his ears next Wednesday, March 17th, so I am hoping he will hold off until after that. Jer and I are preparing our hospital bags tonight and this weekend since Aiden may come soon.
We are all so excited for this little man to come into the world and join us on all of our adventures.

2 comments:

HS2College said...

OH I am so excited! If there is anything we can do, please let us know! We love you all

j*g*h*l*HOLLADAY said...

We're so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to meet little Aiden! Take care of yourself and get lots of rest. Give Eli a big hug for us...we'll be thinking of him on St. Patty's day.