Sunday, March 28, 2010

38 weeks and Ready for Aiden

Well, we are 38 weeks and one day today (March 28th). I didn't think we would make it this long and we have. Aiden seems to be really comfy in the belly. I have been teasing that he is "one stuck duck in the muck" like Eli's book. At 35 weeks, I was dilated to a 2 and 30% effaced. Then at 36 weeks, I was dilated at a 3 (almost a 4). Last week at 37 weeks, I was dilated to a 4 and 50% effaced. Dr. Hampton set us up for April 6th induction if he is still twiddling his thumbs and not wanting to make an appearance.

During Spring Break I walked, jumped, jogged, shopped, and did all that I could to tempt Aiden. After much griping and whining, I had to return to work last week. It seems that all the "action" that I was getting from Aiden (contractions, pressure, etc) went to a halt. I guess he realized that Momma didn't want to go into labor during class nor mid-week! I would rather finish what I started than stop mid week for the sub to come in.

Well it is Sunday... the day is about halfway over with. So I am starting my whining and griping again. I do not want to go to work tomorrow!

Jeramy has been working on the yard and flower beds this weekend and Eli and I have been running around playing. This afternoon we will be out and about again to try to get this labor stuff happening and spend some family time together.
Eli has been quite a ham this weekend. He is definitely spoiled rotten! He has a little temper in him that is a bit frustrating.... but totally cute at the same time. We end up smiling or giggling when he throws a fit (we know we shouldn't but its still funny!) He even said "love you" last night to Jeramy when he was going to bed. He has said it several times today as well. His verbal skills are coming on quick and it is so fun to watch him learn new words and explore using them.

I can't wait to see how Eli does with Aiden. I know he will be jealous at first, but love him and take great brotherly care of him. Babies come when they want... yes I know... but I am hoping for today!

2 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

Can't wait to meet Aiden. He must be like his mom...stubborn. LOL!!

Just kidding. He will come when he is ready.

Eli is becoming such a big boy. You have to be so proud.

SK said...

Oh wow....sounds like you are not far from having him. Good luck and I hope all goes well. Take care.