Sunday, November 7, 2010

Speak Up for Kids

Jer and I had another date in the month of September! Wow! Two in a row! We had Nanna come over on Friday night and stay so that early the next morning, Jer and I could go "run" a 5K! Really--We walked half... jogged half....
We did it for CASA (Court Appointed Support Advocates). It is an organization for kids in the system to have someone speak up for them in the courtroom. The advocate helps the court decide what is best for the child. They help decide if the foster home is best for the child or if they need to be removed or go back to their parents. Lord knows there are people out there who have kids for all the wrong reasons or who don't really care for the child. And sometimes a child needs someone to speak up for them when family cant or wont or if the kid is afraid to. I would love to be a person in the organization... but with the two boys, I am booked up! Maybe when they are older...
This was an awesome experience with Jer. We both were so out of shape but pulled each other through when we wanted to stop. Jer is not a runner and I use to be... before kids! This run was refreshing for our relationship because we got to talk all morning and hang out ... just the two of us on the trail.
I look forward to many more runs in life with my man!

No comments: