Monday, June 6, 2011

My Very Own Rocking Chair

Grams had made sure that both boys have their own rocking chair. Eli received his when he was 11 months old. Grams purchased the chair at the Sawmill in Beaumont and then I had someone handpaint/personalize it. Eli's theme for his chair was Dr. Seuss and it has his name on it where the Cat in the Hat is holding a sign that says "Eli".

Aiden received his chair for Christmas. He actually got the finished product after Christmas because I found a great deal online. I use a website called Etsy where you order handmade stuff from all over. I got the chair and the personalized painting/design from a lady in New York. She was much cheaper than Grams buying the chair and then me paying someone to paint it. I love, love, love Aiden's chair. His is the surf theme to go along with his room.
I love this picture. It shows how rough Aiden was on shoes when he was a crawler! He never let his knees hit the floor... he bearcrawled! Aiden rubbed a hole in the toes of his shoes in a little over 2 weeks. Granted, they are soft sole (cloth) bottoms, but still! It was hilarious. I had to trash them when his little piggies were poking through!







The pictures do not do this chair justice. It is so pretty--- the colors are two different sage colors that are so soothing. I love the sea turtles on the seat.

The lighting of this picture is off, but you still can see the artwork on the back rails.



The chair is still in Daddy's office downstairs. Here we are, June 6th, and it never made it up to his room. He loves to go sit in it when we are all in the living room. Maybe one day it will make it upstairs to his room... who knows!

Thank you Grams for the chair. We love it!

No comments: