Monday, June 6, 2011

A Visit to the Houston Zoo

On Sunday, February 20th, Chelette and I met up at the zoo with the kiddos.

Jaden and Eli were a hoot to watch. They had so much fun together.

Eli loves music and drums. The new African section was his favorite, I think.


Our two stinkers in a teepee....

Miss Charleigh was all smiles. I don't think this little one ever cries or fusses. Chelette says she does, but I do not believe her. Charleigh is always happy when I am around. I love her big blue eyes and gorgeous smile.

Jaden loved the elephants... Eli loved them from afar!


I can hear it... "Eli, come on! Come see the elephant"

Chelette with Charleigh, Eli, and Jaden. I remember taking pictures at this spot in the zoo as a kid. I am pretty sure it was just as hard for our parents to get everyone looking at the camera... or somewhat in that direction. Notice Jaden's backside is to the camera!

Jaden is a critter and animal kiddo. He was fascinated with the snake.... Eli is just like his momma. We stay away--not impressed.... or taking chances.

Eli was not a fan of the reptile exhibit of the zoo. He thought it was a bit creepy and stood back from the windows. He did get on his toes to make sure whatever was in the glass cages was not coming near him.

Both Eli and Jaden enjoyed the sea lions.



Aiden was a trooper. He wasn't impressed with looking at animals.

He loved the chance to "people watch".







Aiden and Charleigh were kicked back and enjoying the day.



Eli surprised me and actually went into the tunnel at the prairie dog exibit. I have taken him to it before and he screamed and cried. I guess he was a big boy for this trip! He and Jaden had a ball!



I love this picture.... look at those two cute little hineys and legs.

Those two rotten boys have stolen their momma's hearts and shown us what life is all about.



After being at the zoo about 4 hours, we headed home.

All the kids and Momma's were pooped and ready for a nap.


No comments: