Monday, April 19, 2010

First week at home...

Our first week at home went really well. Aiden has slept really well, eats every 3-4 hours, and cries only when changing his diaper. Eli loves his little brother and calls for him ("Bubby") when he comes downstairs in the morning or after nap time. When Aiden cries, Eli gets a worried look on his face and points in Aiden's direction as if telling you to fix it. I haven't been home alone with the two boys yet... a scary thought right now! I have had Grams or Nanna here at the house to help me manage an 18 month old who thinks he is two and an infant who is always hungry! I am very thankful for them both!
Aiden gave us a sneak peak of what his smile will look like....
Aiden loves to snuggle
Eli loving on Aiden...so sweet!
holding his little bro for the first time...
We have tried to venture outdoors as much as we can. It seems to help Eli get out his large amount of toddler energy and gives us a breath of fresh air. Eli loves to raid the neighbors garage (thank you Raveena) for Dylan's toys.
Courtney loving on Aiden....
Raveena came over to meet Aiden on Friday.
Another afternoon of Eli raiding Dylan's toys. Grams helped him on the scooter.... way to go Eli!
Eli has become quite the little "toot and hoot". He has learned to throw better fits, give dirty looks, and entertain us with his silliness. He saw the baby walker and decided he wanted to crawl in it and roam the room....
All the changes this week made Eli need more love than ever. Here he is loving on Chelette as if he was neglected... as if!!
Aiden received lots of love too... loving on Nanna....
Another outdoor adventure was Eli pretending to drive Daddy's truck...
look at those two peas in a pod!
looking like a big boy....
Kitty Kat MawMaw came over to meet Aiden and love on Eli.
Thank you MawMaw for the goodies for Aiden!



Our first week home as a family of four was very busy. We spent a lot of time walking the subdivision and taking Eli to the park. Uncle Jamie enjoyed pushing the boys in their new stroller.






Wow! What a week! Having two boys will definitely keep me on my toes. At first I was thinking.."why in the world did I want to do this?!" Slowly but surely, I am starting to be able to answer that.... when I look at Eli and Aiden and how they make my heart flutter when they smile or snuggle with me....I know the answer.

3 comments:

lala00 said...

congratulations!! As soon as your two boys start laughing and playing together you'll know it was a great idea to have them close together. They've each got a friend for life now. Can't wait to watch them grow!
Laura

SK said...

OMG I love the pics of the two brothers together...oh and I love the monkey outfit. I am a sucker for monkey's for some reason. Adorable boys!!!

HS2College said...

I love them both so much if only I had bigger arms! I will see you on Wednesday for my play date!