Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Momma In Town...

I decided that it was time for a new "do".... a new hair do that is.
I was once the girl who came home from college every time with a new color or cut. I have been red, orange red, caramel, dark brown, multi color, blonde, and platinum. Most colors of the color wand at the salons, I have been...all but black and silver! However, those "silver or white" hairs are attacking my noggin more and more every day! I found my first gray hair when I was 21! Ouch! I know I am doomed for gray by the looks of my family...but doggone it! I am gonna deny it as much as possible and color it out!
Well, Grams and Uncle Jamie came in for a couple days to see the boys and to let me go to my endocrinologist in peace and get a color/cut. (THANK YOU!) My hair was in much need of an overhaul..... my hairstylist laughed and yelled "oh my!" when I pulled my hair from my clip and showed her my roots! I haven't been to her since Aiden was 2 weeks old...He is reaching 12 weeks.
I have had the same cut and color for a year now. It was time for me to make a change. I wonder... was I getting the same color and cut because it was comfortable? Or am I losing the "Terrie" I use to be? Like I said, I was the girl that my family never knew what color hair or length of hair I would be sporting.... heck, I even did the Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks look one summer, I once teased Jer that he got a new wife every so often when I went to the salon.
As of today... a new Momma is in town!
I am not going to lose myself again in being the Mommy of two who needs a new style, the teacher look, or the boring ol Jeramy's wife! I don't want my boys to say "Mom has the same hair style that she had when I was a kid....so outdated!" I am going to try my best (and our pocket books best) to keep it interesting! I have gone shopping for new duds (clothes), a pedicure with bright pink toes, and a funky hair style and color.
Sometimes a girls gotta mix it up a little!



whatchya think??????

5 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

Look at you girl, one hot momma!!! Love it.

SK said...

I love it! I think it makes you look mature and young at the same time. Good choice. :o)

The Bente Family said...

Looks great girl!! Where do you go?

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

I go to Zen salon on 2920 near Kuykendahl. It use to be called Sheer Integrity. on the south side of 2920 east of kuykendal.

I love my stylist... her name is Tammy duhart.

j*g*h*l*HOLLADAY said...

ooooooo!!! I LOVE it!!! You look gorgeous as always! You are always stylish---I don't think your boys will ever using "boring" to describe you. Absolutely beautiful!