Monday, July 26, 2010

Another "first"

Eli and Aiden had another "first" this week! I took them to the movies today! It went surprisingly well! I saw on FaceBook that a friend of mine took her 18 month old to the movies and he did great, so I thought "lets give it a try!" We went to the theatre by our house that is hardly ever busy. There have been many times that Jeramy and I would go, and were the only ones there. Sure enough, Eli, Aiden, and Mommy were lone rangers for a bit. Once the movie started, one couple came in to watch.
When the movie started, Eli was at attention. His eyes were glued to the screen, his hands were in the pop pop bucket, and his sippy cup was near. He "Wow'd", "Woah'd", and "Ooh'd" several times. His biggest reaction was when the army troops parachuted out the window.... he thought that was too cool! Eli was into the movie for an hour straight! He ran around the theatre (while watching the movie) to check out the many rows of empty seats. I walked to the back to watch him (and the movie)....then after a bit of exploring, he went right back to the front and stood next to me to finish the movie.
Aiden did really well too! He liked watching the big screen. I gave him a bottle and when I turned him to burp, he started to fuss because I turned him away from the screen! Aiden was awake and watching the movie up to the last 20 minutes, he conked out!




No comments: