Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Devils Den-- Happy Anniversary!

Devils Den State Park was amazing. We spent Sunday night there and oh do I wish we could have stayed longer! The beds there were awesome (like mine at home!) Jer was so nice and let me and Eli sleep in on Monday. We slept until 10am! WOW! The park was great too. It had lots of things to explore and do. We plan on coming back.There was a lot of wildlife. Jer saw some gophers, chipmunks, & squirrels... Eli and I slept in and missed most of it.


There were some sandstone caves and they were called the "icebox". A cold breeze came out of those caves!
Jer and Eli outside of a bat cave.... we didnt see any bats.. but we didnt crawl in either!
Lots of cracks and crevices.........
Eli and Daddy checking the trail map
Our cabin
Jer and Eli in the kitchen of the cabin

1 comment:

j*g*h*l*HOLLADAY said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Your trip makes me miss home! Although, I realize there are so many places in AR we never explored that were not too far away. We need to go check them out--it's just so beautiful there! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!!